Friday, October 8, 2010

Good Idea or No?

My girls have been "sharing" a room now for a month. By this, I mean they have had a month long "sleepover". They have slept on air mattresses in Sunshine Girl's bedroom since that one Friday night when they begged us to have a slumber party. Yes, I have let it go on THAT long! It has really kind of become a nuisance to me, though, 'cause I can't stand a mess and that's what the bedroom was turning into. Oh, yes, each week we would put the air mattresses up on the bed and do our cleaning and vacuuming, but by nightfall, the 2 air mattresses wound up down on the floor again, with 2 little girls sleeping soundly.

So, today, I took the challenge of really letting them share a room. So, now we have this cute bedroom (with non-matching comforters! UGGHHH!!!), complete with books for Sunshine Girl and books for Lil Princess, a chest of drawers that I will soon combine for both of the girls, and a huge mess in 2 closets!!! And then, there is this thing called "THE PLAY ROOM". I think I have found my new thorn in the flesh. As I said, I HATE a mess. I envision that room looking like Japan after the bomb struck it or like Kansas after the tornado. I wonder how long this sharing of a bedroom is really going to last???

No comments:

Post a Comment