Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inventions

The other day, my girls and I were with my mom in Columbia doing the thing that Sunshine Girl hates the most .... shopping AND trying on clothes for the fall. It was truly a double whammy for my oldest! (She must not have gotten her genes from her mother!) ;O Anyway, my 'Lil Princess is a Diva Queen and LOVES shopping ... could do it all day long if given the chance (and the money!).
But I deviate...
As we were in the dressing room with both girls, Sunshine Girl tried on all of her finds (which were not many considering she is moving from the "little girls" department to the 7-16 size, UGGGHHH!!!) and was growing quite bored with the entire experience. The chairs in the dressing room had these holes bored in the seats. She was on the floor and dug through my purse for a tablet of paper. She began tearing out sheets of paper and balling them up. I thought she was going to make a total mess, but she created a game for her and her Nana to play while waiting for me to finish with Lil Princess. The two balls of paper became the markers and the holes in the chair were the spaces on the game board. She then tore paper into squares and wrote numbers on them. They took turns drawing numbers and moving spaces until a winner was determined ... whoever made it to the end of the rows of holes first was declared the winner.
Who said homeschoolers were not creative? I was impressed that she had the mind to occupy herself instead of whine because it was taking the shopper so long to try on things!

P.S. After what felt like hours of shopping, we ended up with only 1 outfit for Lil Princess and 2 long sleeved t-shirts for Sunshine Girl. Not a good sign for their wardrobes this year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I discovered by the time that my daughter was 6 that she had a gift for shopping that she did not inherit from her mother. :-) Even by that age she could REALLY work a rack!!!

    ReplyDelete