Sunday, August 29, 2010

Homeschool happenings, Week 2

Hard to believe the 2nd week of school is over and done with. A few highlights:

1- Lil Princess has decided that snack time is her favorite part of the school day. Her second favorite time is when school is over so that she can "do what I want to do"! Not too good for a K4 student to already have such strong feelings about school, huh?

2- On a good note, however, Lil Princess "read" her first book this week and really did sound out/read a few 3 letter words with the short A in them. That was very exciting for me to see that she really will be able to do this! :)

3- Sunshine Girl actually got excited to practice her Flashmaster. (An electronic flash card "game") Math has not been her favorite subject EVER, but we changed math curriculum's yet again this year and she says it is her favorite so far! That's a good sign ... just hope it lasts.

4- Been trying some new projects/art ideas with the kids. Amazing how long it takes them to do these! It is a test of my patience ... I know that I need to be teaching more than the academics, and they LOVE these projects ... I just have to endure it and enjoy the moments/minutes/hours it takes them to complete them! :)

5- Sunshine Girl decided that we need to visit Mount Vernon on our trip to Williamsburg in October after reading about it in her Heritage book. This trip is turning into more than what I thought ... I'll need a vacation from the vacation by the time I get back home!

6- Pictures soon! :) This mama's too tired right now to get it all together.

7- Planning a back to school bash for the end of this week with some of our homeschooling friends. Time to get my creative juices flowing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment